Forty two years ago, John Bell got into a car accident. He was thrown from the car and suffered brain damage, was in a coma and sustained damage to his tongue. He’s been in a wheelchair ever since. One would think this lead to his despair, however, John is filled with the joy of the Holy Spirit. “Because nobody would do you like the Lord would do you.”
John is not always upbeat; sometimes he feels misunderstood and this gets him down. People cannot understand how he can talk about the Lord all the time and they chide him for it. But in his words, “I just love the Lord with all my heart.” He is humble, sincere and open to the Word of God and just wants to share his joy with others. He has filled a bounty of notebooks with words that come to him, inspired words from the Holy Spirit. He prefers to dictate these inspirational revelations to anyone willing to write for him. These pages are neatly written in beautiful script. When he cannot find an available scribe, he writes them himself. On these pages the words are large and irregular but mostly discernable. The words have to come out, to be shared. If kept inside, John might just bust. Brother John calls himself a street preacher and would love to be out on his own, free to “street preach” when the Spirit moves him. However, his condition makes this impossible for now, so I told him he could "preach" on this street corner, now and then. The very thought boosted his moral.
Here is one of John's recent "words."
O Tate and See that the Lord is Good
Church, let’s have the ear to hear and thank God for everything he has done for us. God put another stone in your crown
1. There’s no way to go but to go up with Jesus because God has got everything for his people.
2. God’s way is the best way. Some people have things mixed up so pray for them and go on.
3. Don’t go for your own strength, go for God’s strength.
4. My thought for today is…love God and love people and be closer to God.
5. Let God fight the battle and not you because I’m a fool for Jesus; who’s fool are you? So think twice and speak once.
6. We’re not sufferin’ for Bufferin or starvin’ like Marvin.
7. The wicked are watching the righteous and seek to slay us. Instead, let’s blind them with light and praise the Lord.
8. God knows the good and the bad.
9. Everyday people are going to talk about people but don’t worry; God Almighty can handle everything.
10. If w e don’t do things the correct way, somebody else will.
11. You can’t please everybody so try to please God.
12. God, we will follow you wherever you lead us.
13. All our blessings come from God.
14. You can’t please everybody but you can try to understand them and go with the flow and keep that peace of mind and joy in your soul.
God bless you,